History

History

Inspecta’s story began back in 1975. To ensure that pressure vessels and other safety-critical objects were safe, the Finnish state founded the Technical Inspection Centre (Teknillinen tarkastuslaitos, TTL). The same year, a new law was passed for National Test Sites in Sweden, and in 1977, Sweden formed the Swedish Plant Inspectorate (Statens Anläggningsprovning).

In the 1990s, many countries began to deregulate the inspection market. Publically owned inspection companies were privatized to introduce competition. In 1995, the inspection monopoly was ended in Sweden and the Swedish Plant Inspectorate changed its name to SAQ Kontroll AB. In January 1998, the Finnish market was also deregulated and, at the same time, Inspecta was born.

In 2000 Inspecta acquired the leading NDT (non-destructive testing) company, Huber Testing Oy, in Finland. Inspecta’s expansion outside Finland began in 2005 when the Latvian operation started. Sweden became part of the group in 2006 when Inspecta acquired part of DNV, which had previously been SAQ Kontroll AB. After that, Inspecta grew organically as well as through acquisitions in Finland, Sweden, Latvia, Estonia, Norway, Denmark, Lithuania and Poland.

In 2015 Inspecta became part of the Dutch owned ACTA* family. The origin of  ACTA* goes back to 1948 when the Dutch Water companies started Kiwa NV, then the Netherlands’ Certification and Testing company for drinking water appliances.

2016 & 2017 Inspecta changes its name to Kiwa Inspecta in Finland, Sweden, Latvia, Estonia, Denmark, Lithuania and Poland and to Kiwa in Norway.

 

2016&2017

Inspecta changes its name to Kiwa Inspecta  
2015

Inspecta merges with ACTA*

2014 Inspecta Poland
2010 Inspecta Denmark
Inspecta Lithuania
2009

Inspecta Norway

2007

Inspecta Estonia

2006 Inspecta Sweden
2005

Inspecta Latvia

1998 Deregulation, Finland
Inspecta Finland
1995 Deregulation, Sweden
1977 Sweden formed the National Test Facility
1975

Finnish State founded the Technical Inspection Centre